Membership and Office Manager – Andy Tait
Telephone: 07510 326997
Address: IY(UK), PO Box 51698 , London, SE8 9BU
Hours: Main Office day: Thursday 9-5pm; remaining hours to be worked throughout the week (23.4 hours per week).
- Staffing the office: taking phone calls and responding to emails from IYA members and members of the public. Andy should be your first port of call if you have a general query, or are not sure who to ask.
- Membership: processing renewals and new applications; assisting Membership Institute Secretaries with the renewal process. All queries about membership payments, insurance documents and certificates should go to Andy.
- Teacher training: processing applications to become a teacher trainee.
- Communications and Website: Andy is the person to speak to if you are having trouble updating your personal or class details. He can help you navigate through the process. Please take this opportunity to log in to the website and make sure that we have your complete and correct contact information. Andy will be able to assist you if you have trouble logging in. Liaising with Member Institutes for the IYN mail out.
Finance and Bookings Administrator – Jess Wallwork
Address: IY(UK), 15 West Grove, Bristol BS6 5LS
Hours: Most evenings (10 hrs per week)
- Finance: keeping the accounts, making payments, processing expenses etc. Most of this is behind the scenes work; if you do have a query about a payment you have made to IY(UK), apart from convention bookings, it is best to go through Andy first.
- Bookings: taking bookings for Conventions and other events IY(UK) organises. Any queries about the Convention or any other events should go to Jess.
Assessments Administrator – Kate Woodcock
Telephone: 07914 089360
Address: IY(UK), PO Box 1217, Bradford, BD1 9XF
Hours: part-time through the week, not available on Thursdays (20 hrs per week). On call during assessments.
- Assessments: taking bookings for assessments, sending out paperwork to candidates and assessors, sending out pass/fail letters and small certificates, updating the database with results. All queries about assessments should go to Kate.
- Timetabling: gathering Moderator and Assessor availability; finding and booking venues for assessments; putting together the timetables for all assessments; dealing with all the timetable relevant issues, all cancellations, requests for refunds, Moderator / Assessor emergencies and standbys etc; Kate will be “on call” for emergencies during the Assessments. Please contact Kate in the first instance during assessment times if you cannot make your allocated assessment date for any reason.
- Appeals after Assessment: Kate is the first point of contact for the formal appeals process following an unsuccessful assessment result.
PR and Website Administrator – Katie Owens
Hours: Evenings and Saturdays (11 hrs per week)
- Communications and Website: updating the website (behind the scenes data); collating and producing publicity material, including promotional leaflets, for use by IY(UK) teachers and members, particularly in relation to International Yoga Day and National Iyengar Yoga Day.