As a member of IY (UK) you will receive a copy of our magazine ‘Iyengar Yoga News’, published twice a year and only available to members. The membership year runs from 1 April to 31 March, but you can join at any time of the year.
To join as a non-teaching member, you can either do so as an individual following the instructions below. Joining one of our Member Institutes gives you automatic membership of IY (UK)
Individual non-teacher membership for the year 1 April 2016 – 31 March 2017 costs:
£19.50 (€27) for UK and Republic of Ireland residents
£39 (€55) for overseas residents
To join IY (UK) for the first time click the ‘join’ button at the top of the screen.
If you have joined in the past please sign in to renew your membership. Please use the ‘forgot your password’ link to get a reminder sent to you.
Benefits of Membership with IY (UK)
- You will be sent our twice-yearly magazine, Iyengar Yoga News, which contains articles by leading Iyengar yoga teachers
- Up to 15% discount at www.yogamatters.com for non-teacher members; up to 40% discount for teacher members
- Up to date news about Iyengar yoga
- The opportunity to network with other Iyengar yoga practitioners and teachers
- Eligibility to book a place at our Annual Convention led by a senior teacher – in May 2016 the teacher will be Raya Uma Datta
- The opportunity to submit Iyengar yoga related articles to our magazine
- Access to Members area of our website
- The opportunity to subscribe to Yoga Rahasya, the official quarterly magazine produced by the Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute (RIMYI), Pune and the Light on Yoga Research Trust (LOYRT), Mumbai, India
Renewing your membership
If you are already a member and wish to renew your membership please sign in to the website.
If your membership has expired and you wish to renew, you will still be able to sign in as above and renew online.
If your membership has lapsed and you are unable to sign in for any reason please contact us
Amending your details
Once your membership has been verified you will be able to sign in to access and edit your own profile.
Renewing on paper
Renewing online is the fastest and most efficient way to renew your membership, and will help us to minimise waste. If you are a teacher, you need to read the full details of teacher membership renewal which can be found in the Documents section, once you are signed in.
Joining as a Teacher Member
To join as a teacher you must have completed the Introductory Level 2 Assessment. You can find out about training to teach here. If you have passed your assessment in another country and would like to apply for teacher membership in the UK, please contact us at email@example.com
Reinstating your teacher membership
For information about the requirements for reinstating your teacher membership after a break, please click here. You can renew online but may need to send us supporting information.
There are no part year rates for membership. Refunds will normally only be given if there has been an overpayment or an amount paid in error. Please contact the Main Office if you think you have made an incorrect payment or you have a query about a payment you have made.