The Iyengar Yoga (UK) Research Committee is dedicated to fostering research on Iyengar yoga and facilitating the exchange of research findings on yoga-related issues as a means of improving the mental, physical and spiritual health of our community.
We wish to facilitate connections between people with common research interests and make the benefits of Iyengar yoga more visible to the wider healthcare community in general.
What does the Research Committee do?
- Compiles research from external sources, showing the benefits of Iyengar yoga as a means of improving mental, physical and spiritual health;
- Ensures access to relevant materials including research and medical journals, and articles written by health professionals within the Iyengar yoga community;
- Works with the Therapy Committee to ensure the appropriateness of material
- Works with the Finance Committee to secure funds and/or grants to assist such activity whenever possible.
Research studies (coming soon)
Here you will find:
- Links to primary research studies investigating the physical and mental health benefits of Iyengar yoga
- Research examining yoga history and philosophy
Call for expressions of interest
Do you have an idea for research? Or can you help our research in any way?
We are always looking for new ideas and we are always in need of extra help.
We’d love to hear from you!